Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club is excited to offer FlingGolf this season!
What is Fling Golf? Fling Golf is a fun new sport that is gaining momentum across the U.S., putting a whole new twist on the game of Golf as we know it. While the basics of Golf still very much apply, Fling Golfers will substitute the usual 13 clubs with just one Fling Stick (along with a normal golf ball). Players will play each hole just as they would if they were playing traditional Golf, executing each shot with their Fling Stick and by using a variety of fling-techniques. On the putting greens, each "putt" is also played using the Fling Stick to push or 'sweep' the ball toward the hole. Fling Golf is a bit like combining Golf with game of Lacrosse, and while it's a fun sporting activity all it's own, it's also designed to help introduce new players to the golf course and the game of Golf itself!
If you haven't heard of Fling Golf before, we encourage you to visit their website at www.flinggolf.com to learn more about this fun new take on the game of Golf as we know it. And if you'd like to try it out before you book a tee time at Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club (SHGC), we strongly encourage you to 'fling' a bucket or two at our Sagamore Golf Center's Driving Range, to help become familiar with the technique.
Fling Golf Days, Times & Details
*Players may reserve Fling Golf tee-times at Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club Monday thru Thursday between the hours of 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm (sorry, no Fridays, weekends or holidays)
*Normal greenfees apply (click here to visit our 'Rates' page)
*Tee-times are required, call us at 603-964-5341
*Fling Sticks are available for rental at the golf course
*For more information about this fun new activity, visit www.flinggolf.com
*IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NEW FLING GOLFERS! Before hitting the fairways for your first attempt at Fling Golf, we strongly encourage all new players to practice at the driving range first before booking any tee times (our Sagamore Golf Center allows FlingGolf as well). Like any new activity, it will require a bit of practice before new 'Flingers' become comfortable with the technique.
FootGolf at Sagamore
Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club is excited to offer the fast-growing sport of FootGolf again this summer season! Now in year two at SHGC, FootGolf offers a unique spin on the traditional game of Golf (as we all know it), combining Golf's basics with the world's most popular sporting activity... Soccer! There are now over 100 accredited U.S. Golf Courses that offer FootGolf, and Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club is one of only two courses in all of New England to showcase this fun new sport! FootGolf is fast becoming a game that's both easy to learn and incredibly fun to play, and we think it will continue to gain popularity world-wide. Below is overview of FootGolf at Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club, and we hope to see you 'kicking it' on our fairways this summer season!
Did you know? Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club is proud to be a certified member of the American FootGolf League! Click here to learn more about the AFGL
Our FootGolf Season (Dates & Times)
Because traditional Golf is Sagamore's 'bread & butter', the days & times we offer FootGolf play is limited (FootGolf play is allowed only during times when traditional Golf volume is typically at its 'lightest')... Here are the times we allow FootGolf at SHGC:
- The FootGolf Season begins on April 15th and ends October 31st
- We allow FootGolf play after 6 pm seven days a week (after 5 pm beginning September 1st)
- Off-Season Note: When sunset times change in the early spring & late fall seasons, FootGolf times may also change, so be sure to call ahead at 603-964-5341 to confirm these time changes
- Due to the 'newness' of the sport, please understand that FootGolf days & times are subject to change
- Adult (18-holes): $19 per player
- Junior (18-holes): Juniors pay their age
- Ball Rentals: $5 per player (players are welcome to bring their own soccer balls if they choose!)
- FootGolf is meant to be a walking activity; if a Golf Car rental is requested the price is $11 per player
- All rates are subject to change
Important Things All FootGolfers Must Know!
Knowing that traditional Golf has been the cornerstone of Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club for over 50 years now, we need to make sure there is a mutual respect & undertsanding between traditional Golfers and FootGolfers... We expect all FootGolfers to understand and respect the following:
- CLICK HERE to watch a quick video about FootGolf basics and rules (if you're new to the game, this is a must watch!)
- BE CONSIDERATE! We want our FootGolfers to have fun during their round, but we need them to understand that they are sharing the Golf Course with our traditional Golfers... That said, running and yelling is not encouraged, and we expect all FootGolfers to be considerate of others on the course. We ask parents please make sure children do not put themselves in harm's way and behave while on the course... And always make sure they are respectful of our Golfers and the Golf Course itself!
- TARGET TWO HOURS OR LESS! Your FootGolf round should be played in under two hours... Please be aware of your pace of play at all times
- GOLFERS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY! If the group playing directly behind your group is playing at a quicker pace, always allow them time to play through on the next tee (this is a common courtesy in Golf)
- PLAY SMART & SAFE! Make sure the group ahead of you is safely out of range before playing any shot... Play smart & safe!
- RESPECT THE GOLF COURSE! A Golf Course is a beautiful place to spend time, and requires alot of effort to keep it that way... We ask that all FootGolfers please stay clear of our Golf Course putting greens, sand bunkers and tee boxes
Reserving FootGolf Tee-Times
- FootGolfers may reserve their tee-times (or kick-times!) up to one week in advance by by calling us at 603-964-5341
- Each tee-time is limited to four players or less
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your start time
The FootGolf Course
- All FootGolf play takes place on the Golf course's front-9 (Golf holes #1 thru #9)
- FootGolf holes are typically located to the side of each traditional Golf hole
- Each FootGolf hole is 21 inches in diameter, and will be clearly designated by the official orange FootGolf hole flag
- FootGolf tee markers will also be colored orange for easy recognition
What Should FootGolfers Wear?
- Soccer attire is always acceptable, and FootGolfers should dress comfortably and tastefully... We do ask that you please not wear tank tops, sleeveless shirts or cut-off shorts... thank you!
- Collared shirts are encouraged, but not mandatory (t-shirts are allowed)
- FootGolfers are also encouraged to sport their favorite Soccer team jersey if they choose, along with knee-high argyle socks (which are known to be 'customary' FootGolf attire!)... Have fun with it!
- Important! Athletic CLEATS/SPIKES are strictly prohibited... FootGolfers must wear either indoor soccer shoes or regular sneakers